Blessed Are the Peacemakers
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God" Matthew 5:9 Here a list of ways to live as a peacemaker.
1. Seek to Love, not control others. Replace a will to control with a view of loving others; including their faults and differences - the surprise will be finding a way to a peaceful life.
2. Treat others as you wish to be treated. Follow an ethic that values human dignity and worth.
3. Be tolerant rather than rigidly right. Try not to jump to conclusions about people and nourish the good in others.
4. Be peaceful & non-violent. A peaceful person does not use violence against another person or sentient being.
5. Think before you act. Stop and reflect. Many a hasty response has resulted in a tragic outcome.
6. Seek forgiveness, not revenge. Forgiveness is the ultimate victory because it lets you enjoy life again by making peace with the past.
7. Find inner peace by making conscious decisions about what improves or beautifies your life. Discard the rest.
8. Live in Joy. Joy brings peace to your life because despite the circumstances you are always prepared to see what is good in others.
9. Be the change that you want to see in the world (Gandhi) First change yourself, and then change the world.
10. Broaden your understanding of peace. Having peace is the result of your own striving, understanding and daily action, from your own heart consciousness and learning from others.
Adapted from WikiHow.com "How to Live in Peace"